Mr. Ibis rules. Over the weekend he made me toast when I was too hungry but too lazy to make toast. He let me nap on Saturday afternoon while he mowed the lawn and picked his stepdad up from dialysis. He brought coffee and the paper up to bed for us on Sunday morning. And when it came time to clean the house, he did most of it himself - swept the floors, cleaned the bathroom, and did three loads of laundry. I cleaned the kitchen, that's it. It seems too early for him to be spoiling me so, but I can't complain.
I've never been a napper, but the Pea has converted me. I napped twice over the weekend, and napped hard. I don't enjoy waking up groggy with my hair plastered to my forehead in the middle of the day, but I will admit that the extra sleep is rather wonderful. It reassures me that I am tired enough to actually lapse into a semi-coma for two hours each afternoon, because it tells me that my body is working pretty hard at building a baby.
I may have had my first hint of nausea yesterday, as we were picking up my inlaws to bring them to the Olive Garden for dinner. In the car and then as we sat down to eat I was feeling a bit grim. In life in general I don't get nauseated or throw up very often, but I do get a little car sickness sometimes, and that's what it felt like. I was delighted to find the OG gives you a big bowl of salad with dinner, since I am so ravenous for salad lately, but sadly it was SO unbelievably salty that it wasn't as refreshing as it should have been. After I had wolfed down my plate of cappellini, I was struck with a bad stomachache for a half an hour, but I should probably blame my record-breaking cappellini-eating speed for that.
Then last night when I got up to pee in the middle of the night as usual, my boobs were hurting so badly they felt like they were wired with explosives and about to blow me to smithereens. Wowie.
Overall right now I feel like a creature who is only capable of eating, sleeping, and peeing. Sometimes I have to do all three at once, BADLY, and that, my friends, is a tragic situation. But I'm loving it. I feel way more pregnant at 5 weeks this time than I did at 9 weeks last time, and that's a good thing.
I did something really silly... I peed on a stick again (blush). Partly I was just curious for no reason, and partly it was a leap of faith I wanted to take: that I won't need another pee stick for a long time. This was the last HPT in my possession. So just for kicks, this is what I would have seen if I had actually waited for my period to be a week late:


2 comments:
it might be silly but I'm sure its comforting and I can't fault you for that! I'm sorry about the hurty boobs and the sleepiness but you're right- making a human is hard work!
YAAAAY! I am so excited for you..and of course a smidgen jealous :)
Post a Comment