I find myself with a most unusual pregnancy symptom these days: I don't like food. As an amateur foodie, this is unsettling. As a certified carb lover, the fact that bread and pasta are pretty much the LEAST appealing foods to me right now is distressing. It's not that I have any nausea just yet, but nothing sounds good to me, and nothing tastes good to me either. I'm eating regular meals, but I don't enjoy them. How sad for me... I have to think of something that would actually appeal to me, because I miss enjoying my food!
The fatigue is mostly under control, although I got a wallop yesterday after work. I told Mr. Ibis "it's happening again!" and laid down on the couch and fell asleep promptly. Unfortunately for me, I had to get up shortly afterward to go to the inlaws' for our usual Thursday night dinner.
At the inlaws' another symptom reared its head: my super sense of smell. It's weird how it works... again it does not involve nausea, just really overpowering smells that are very unpleasant. The come and go, or come over me one by one. So as we sat in the living room watching TV for an hour and half, these strong odors were cycling through - first their air freshener, then the dogs stinky dog smell, then dog farts, more air freshener, and so on. They all come at me one at a time.
I'm still rocking the hurty, burny boobs. It's not that bad, just kind of always there. And woe is me if I pull off my shirt too fast at the end of the day... anything that brushes against my nipples feels like a hundred knives of fire.
Physically I am changing a little bit already. My breasts don't look any bigger except that my areolas are... sorry if that's TMI but it's true. That didn't happen to me last time, but it's true. And I definitely noticed Montgomery's Tubercles (google it) a couple of days before my BFP - I thought I was hallucinating phantom symptoms - and they are still there. I have a little bit of baby bloat going on, especially by the end of the day, which allows me to pet my gas-filled guts affectionately and pretend I have a real baby belly, haha.
I only have two and a half weeks to wait until my first appointment and I think that will pass pretty quickly. I don't think anything exciting is going to happen then - I won't be far along enough to hear the heartbeat like I did last time - but seeing the doc still has a way of making the pregnancy seem more real. It will be nice.
Oh! And I nearly forgot to add my other symptom - hahaha! - forgetfulness. To give you an example of how short my short term memory is now, just this morning in the shower I shampooed my hair, rinsed thoroughly, and immediately shampooed my hair again. The other day I was emailing a friend our phone numbers and could not for the life of me remember Mr. I's number - I had to look it up. I am trying to write myself lists, but then the trick is, if I even remember to write a list at all, I forget what I was going put on it. Yikes.


2 comments:
I can't believe it's been a week since you got got that BFP already!
Glad the nausea is not kicking in, but boo hiss to the fact that you have to withstand the smell of dog farts. My lab is a silent fart killer, we've had to leave the room on numerous occasions!
I agree with the PP, I can't believe it's been a week! I'm glad the symptoms aren't TOO awful, I can't wait to have any sort of symptoms someday.
Post a Comment