Thursday, May 14, 2009

Is it Friday yet?

I had forgotten how slowly the first months of pregnancy seem to pass by. Still only in my fifth week.... I had a funny thought this morning that I am in my fourth month of pregnancy overall but have yet to make it out of the first trimester. I've been trying to remember what week 5 was like for me last time. I think I was just hanging out on the 1st Tri board on the Bump a lot. This time around, I'm trying to join in, but mostly I find it boring. About 90% of it is just people talking about their symptoms, which, let's face it, is probably the least stimulating conversation in the world. "I have gas." "I am bloated." "I am sooo hungry." The first time around this was all new to me so I guess there was some mild entertainment value to it, but now it's meh.

Last night was pretty meh as well. Mr. Ibis and I were having a good evening, snuggling on the couch watching Lost, and then a hormonal bitch attack hit me and I snapped at him for cracking his knuckles. These things come over me but are short-lived; two seconds later, I'm happy again. But Mr. I has sympathy hormones so we got into a REALLY dumb argument about it, which led to me crying (again - doesn't take much!) because we both wanted to get pregnant again so badly and I can't help it if sometimes I have super sonic hearing and booo hoooo sob sob sob and we both apologized, the end. Good times.

Once again I am glad I did get the betas done because at least I know that, as of yesterday anyway, things are progressing nicely. My fatigue has been pretty mild all this week, although now my boobs do hurt pretty much around the clock. My appetite has dropped off like crazy, oddly enough. It's not that I'm nauseated, it's just that food is not all that appealing and I am not getting that hungry, at least in comparison to last week. These things might worry me if I didn't have those nice beta numbers in the back of my mind; they allow me to see that you can be definitely pregnant and getting more pregnant even as symptoms wax and wane.

Lunchtime update: the nurse called this morning. She said my OB looked at my betas last night and said they were "great" and I could just schedule a normal first OB appointment for early June - so I'm just going to keep the June 3rd appointment they already set up, even though it's a touch early (not quite 8 weeks). I'm so glad I have this doctor and nurse, and not the crackhead who looked at my first beta on Monday and determined that it was somehow borderline!

1 comment:

Here's the plan: said...

I can't wait for your belly to get big and round =)

Post a Comment