The bad news is I woke up twice this morning feeling crampy. Kind of stabby-crampy-gassy. It's so hard to say whether it's even the ute or just my intestines kicking up a fuss, especially when I'm half asleep. But it hurt and made me anxious. I told Mr. Ibis about it when I woke up and it made him worry too. Of course it is so much easier to reassure someone else than it is to reassure oneself; I told him that a half hour or so of crampiness isn't really a big deal, and it may have been gas, and last time (first pg) I had cramps all day for two days, so this isn't really the same thing. He felt better when I said that but reminded me if anything feels wrong I should call the doctor.
The good news is - knock on wood - no spotting. Zip, zero, not a drop.
Mr. Ibis and I had a good weekend. He surprised me on Saturday with an early birthday present... he told me he was taking me out to dinner for our 20 month anniversary - which indeed it happened to be, but we don't normally celebrate that sort of thing. I had no clue what he was up to, until he told me - we were going to see Coldplay! They are one of about four groups I have wanted very much to see live, and I'd heard it was a great show. Mr. I had been planning this since March and I didn't have the foggiest idea... I didn't even know they were in town!
Our tickets included access to the Club Lounge, where we had dinner. Luckily my stomach held up and I picked my way through the Asian section of the menu. Then we attacked the glorious dessert tray - I had a few pieces of fresh fruit, some pineapple bread pudding, and a heavenly chocolate gelato with warm chocolate sauce mmmmm. From the Lounge we had direct access to our seats, which were excellent - row 15, halfway down the stage left side.
The show was amazing, totally beyond my expectations. I got all teary eyed during "Fix You." We had the best time... and at the end they handed out free CDs with nine live tracks from the tour, which is a great memento.
On Sunday I was kind of a wreck. We woke up at around 8am and after breakfast I fell back into a heavy sleep that was so hard to work out of... I felt drugged. We cleaned the house, and even though Mr. I usually does the bathroom and we NEVER flush the "flushable" toilet cleaners, I cleaned the bathroom and had a pregnancy brain fart and flushed a "flushable" toilet cleaner. And of course now the toilet is broken. Which meant I had to walk down two floors for my middle of the night pee, and trip up the stairs on my way back to bed. And the toilet is still broken. Grr.
I was cranky yesterday and then had the aforementioned cramps early this morning, and it's rainy out, and I just don't want to go to work at all today. Boo.


2 comments:
= ) I have such a good feeling about this sticky baby. I expect you to see awesome results at your u/s.
and I concur on the boo work.
I love Fix You. It's up there in my top fave songs. It's such beautiful track. I'm very jealous you got to see them live but it sounds like you had a blast.
Boo to feeling crampy but congrats on reaching this PG milestone.
Post a Comment