Saturday, July 4, 2009

12 weeks (and 3 days)


12 weeks! I made it!

I may have spoken a little too soon on the baby bump front, because the bloat has gone down even more, and I'm feeling rather svelte lately. Even Mr. Ibis said that my belly looks pretty flat now... oh well. I could actually button my pants this morning, although if I look at the photo above, there is definitely something there. And my boobs are still expanding... I hope those bras I ordered are delivered soon, because this one is crying mercy.

The nausea is pretty subtle these days... sometimes it hits me after dinner still, but sucking on citrus candies makes it bearable. Not being nauseous means I have more energy, BUT I still get crazy sleepy sometimes. Yesterday I napped for two hours in the morning, an hour in the afternoon, and I was asleep for the night by 10pm at the latest.

I'm not "feeling pregnant" most of the time now, which, without a baby bump, can feel a little worrisome, or at least strange. But on the other hand... I made it to 12 weeks!

Tonight some friends of ours are throwing a party at their house. We've hardly seen them in the last few months, which makes me feel guilty. Lately we've either been busy or too broke to do much. But hopefully we'll make more of an effort now that it's summer. We're going to tell them tonight that I'm pregnant... they knew about our previous pregnancy and loss, so I hope they will be happy and excited for us.

1 comment:

Caz said...

Hoorah for the 12 week mark.
Hope the party went well and that you got a better response from your friends than your colleague the other day.

Post a Comment