Friday, July 10, 2009

Work

I have a problem. Why do I feel guilty staying home and being lazy for two days when I know I have two jobs scheduled at once for next week? And when I made $500 in a day and a half already this week? Mr. Ibis doesn't give me a hard time for being lazy, yet when he came home yesterday and asked what I'd done that day, I felt guilty saying "nothing much."

While I'm at it, why in the name of all that is holy did I schedule two jobs for next week? I have the following two weeks free, what was I thinking? Did I forget that I am pregnant and have the energy level of a Victorian-age aristocrat with tuberculosis? I napped for three hours this morning - THREE hours! - why do I think I'm going to be able to sand cabinets for eight straight hours on Monday? I am an idiot. I feel like I need to hire a surrogate brain for the remainder of my pregnancy.

I do sometimes stop and think about how nice my schedule will be when I have a baby. Three days on, two days off plus the weekend. One week on, two weeks off to be home with my baby. The trick, of course, will be finding a daycare that can hang with a schedule like this. But I know I will appreciate being able to spend all that time with baby and still earn a decent living.

No comments:

Post a Comment