Thursday, July 9, 2009

13 weeks!

I'm 13 weeks today, holy cow! I can't believe I've made it this far. I'm so happy that everything is going well.

I am still guessing boy on this kid. I read in What to Expect that women carrying boys tend to eat more. How you compare hunger I do not know, but I am hungry now ALL THE TIME. If I go two hours without eating, I start to get uncomfortably hungry. If I go three hours I feel sick and am having serious hunger pains. I am learning that I now have to have food on me at all times, even if I'm just running errands. I have always brought snacks to work, but now it seems like I can't do anything without having snacks on hand.

After a while it's hard to even think of what to eat. I try to keep my snacks somewhat spread out over the food pyramid - some grains, some protein, some fruit... but by 3 or 4 in the afternoon I feel like I've had a little of everything and am running out of ideas. I'm also trying not to explode the grocery budget, but that's hard when I have to eat almost constantly. We're going through more than a loaf of bread a week (between two of us), a box of crackers every week, a dozen servings of fruit, a cup or two of almonds, a tub of hummus, a tub of Greek yogurt, a package of cheese... it's getting crazy and my second trimester has barely begun!

But enough about me. My poor husband called me from work at around 8:30 am yesterday to tell me he'd cut his head pretty badly and probably needed stitches... the safety inspector brought him to a doctor and finally after 10 I heard back that he was okay and needed a ride home. He got in a forklift accident and bashed his head, needing 12 stitches right above the hairline. The doctor said he'll probably have a pretty nasty scar, especially as he gets older and his hairline recedes. I was worried about him having a concussion, but he seemed okay. He was feeling pretty bummed out, though, that the accident was his fault and he felt like he won't be trusted to operate the forklift anymore. He was just feeling really down about his abilities. I think (and tried to tell him) that physical injuries can sometimes bring up a lot of negative emotion and that was probably affecting him. He went back to work today and hopefully will feel a little better... I know all the bosses think he's great and I'm sure no one will think less of him at work. Accidents happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment