
Okay, looking at that side-by-side, can I just say WHOA? That's last weekend to this weekend. Holy crap.
I guess I'm 18 weeks now? Ever since my doctor told me my belly is measuring at 20 weeks, I keep thinking of myself as 20 weeks. Reading the 20 week pregnancy guide and then remembering, oh yeah, I'm not there yet.
I still feel pretty great. My biggest challenge is not overdoing it physically, because I don't feel totally exhausted or in pain until I hurt myself. Typically at work I get to a certain point where a tiny voice in my head says "I'm tired, I feel like quitting." When I'm not pregnant, I usually ignore this voice at least a couple of times until it says pretty loudly, "Please stop now, I'm beat!" Now that I'm pregnant and especially now that I'm getting well into my second trimester, I'm trying to obey that little voice as soon as it whispers to me. It's sometimes harder than I would think to override my years of training to push through it. But now I consider it a successful day when I pack it in before I go too far.
I do feel the yoga is really benefiting me, and so I make sure to do it even on mornings when I'm tempted to skip it. This morning while moving into Crescent Pose I popped back in whatever bone I'd popped out of my left butt/sacrum area last weekend while gardening. It made a tremendous crack but then felt good. I also credit the yoga with the reappearance of my long lost desire for actual real live sex rather than just the weird sex dreams.
If the old wives' tale about heartburn is true, then our baby is going to be bald as a cue ball, because I haven't had the slightest hint of it so far, though I eat pizza and Mexican food on a regular basis. I also haven't really had sleeping troubles or discomfort at night, though I will say that now I seem to wake up briefly every time I roll over, which occurs several times throughout the night. I no longer feel like I'm just rolling over... I feel like I'm swinging a baby around to the other side with me. I know my belly is not that big yet, but it feels like it has weight and heft, especially at night when I'm lying down and need to rotate.
10 days left until the big ultrasound, and believe me I'm counting the days. I'm trying to banish bad thoughts from my head, but truthfully sometimes it's easier to just not think about it at all than to try to think positive.


2 comments:
That poor shirt of yours must be bursting at the seams!
I'd say there's a mass difference in the 2 shots. Glad to hear the heartburn is keeping a distance.
Roll on 10 days time!
you make a beautiful pregnant woman! it really seems to suit your body. glad to hear the yoga is helping with your aches and pains. are there votes and bets going around for if baby is going to be a boy or a girl? I have to officially cast my vote still. = )
Post a Comment