I had a bad dream last night; I was in labor, and my mom was coaching me. I wasn't in pain, I was just strangely out of it, as though I were drunk or dazed - but I was happy. Then I realized that it was too early to have the baby, and then I thought I had a few babies in me, and I was losing one of the early ones but that was okay, because the "real" baby was still in there and alive. But then I realized it didn't work like that and I was losing my only baby... and I'll leave the rest out but it was bad.
On a more pleasant note, Mr. Ibis and I are doing a little birthday party bartending/serving gig this weekend for a friend of a friend. We are (hopefully) being paid $100 each and Mr. I wants to spend the loot on baby gear. I think we're going to order the Gulliver crib from Ikea. I've heard a lot of good things about it - it's safe (no drop down sides), it's small (as is our home), it's good for short moms (like me), it's inexpensive, and I like the very simple styling.
The job I'm working on has been extremely stressful - so much so that I'm all broken out in the stress rash (I think eczema) that I get on my eyelids when I'm totally stressing. Fun stuff. But if I can just get through today I think I'll be done with the project and done with work for the week. Considering that I even worked on Saturday, I could really, really, really use a few extra days off to relax.


No comments:
Post a Comment