My belly button is putting up a valiant effort but is losing the battle of the bump. At this point it's really just a half a belly button - the top half.
I started our registry online. Just a few things on there right now, like the co-sleeper that I really want, a few carriers/slings. I've heard about a million times on the Pregtastic podcast that the Boppy totally sucks and the Breast Friend rules, so the Breast Friend is on there despite its horrible name.
I've also started thinking about nursery ideas. One thing to know about Mr. Ibis and me is that we love the colors blue and green, and we already have a ton of those colors in our house. Our bedroom is blue, the living room is blue-green, the dining room and kitchen are green, as is the hallway leading to the bathroom and back bedrooms. I want to do the baby's room in green, but we both agreed that we just have too much of it already.
Right now the baby's room has a blue ceiling that the previous owners painted, but I really like it and want to keep it for baby. I painted over their murals with a light blue, but we also have agreed that that's now too much blue, especially if you figure in all the blue baby gear we'll probably end up with. And it's a small room. I have a couple of Pottery Barn Kids paint decks, which have a blue that matches the ceiling, so from there we picked a cream color for the walls. The trim and floors are natural wood, a honey oak color. The crib will be white and we have a natural pine changing table. I think the cream walls will lighten it up a bit and give me more of a neutral palette so I can play more with colorful fabrics and artwork.
I bought three 12" square canvases to make some artwork for the nursery, and have been thinking about what to paint. Yesterday I hit on the idea of a kind of tree theme. We have a huge maple in our front yard, so I thought it might be fun to do some graphic-style paintings, one of a maple tree, one of a leaf and some of those whirlygig seed pods, and the third with an animal like a bird or a squirrel. I can play with the blues, green, and creamy yellows that I want in the room. We're not getting a bedding set, so my paintings will be the main "theme" decoration and then we'll just get some cute sheets and window treatments.
Yay, this will be fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment