Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Inside & Out

In the haze of waking up this morning, I felt kind of mildly crampy. Now I feel kind of post-crampy, which I know sounds weird... do you ever get a kind of "dirty" feeling when you're PMSing, like it's not pain but just like something is off? I don't know how to describe it. It's just a vague feeling. If it turns back into cramps I think I'll call my doctor, but for now I'm just going to take it easy and drink a bunch of water. I otherwise feel fine and I have felt Miles move already this morning, although he mostly seems to sleep in the morning.

Usually he's quiet in the morning and/or whenever I'm busy, then I start to feel him more in later afternoon and the evening after dinner. Last night I had a cup of cocoa and laid on the couch to watch TV and he was having a dance party in there. I felt all kinds of kicks and a few rolling motions... it was wonderful. Hard to pay attention to anything else when that's happening! I can't wait for the kicks to get stronger, although I know someday soon they'll start to hurt sometimes.

I worked on my painting for the nursery yesterday... unfortunately they looked a lot cooler in my head than they look on canvas. But I'll still working, hopefully they come out all right. I'll post pics when I'm done.

I still have time off work but I am getting paid for a couple of jobs so technically money is still coming in and we're fine. It would be nice to save all of that instead of living off of it, but that's a little out of my control. I did call two designers yesterday just to let them know my schedule is clear right now. My designer friend who wants to help with the nursery said she wants to throw me a shower! I was so surprised and thought that was so sweet of her... I don't know a lot of people here so I didn't even know if I was going to have a shower. I'm sure she'll do something really cute, because she has great taste.

Since I posted my Facebook photo for 20 weeks, a lot of people are telling me how much bigger I'm getting or how much the baby is growing. I decided that there is really no good way to comment on a pregnant woman's size! I am one of the least body-conscious girls around, but I will say that when people tell me my belly is big, I feel like a house, and when people tell me I'm still little, I feel like I'm not feeding my baby. You just can't win. Unless you say "you look great," haha.

Mr. Ibis is so cute, he keeps telling me "you really are having a beautiful pregnancy," which is very sweet and makes me feel good, but also kind of makes me laugh because I think it betrays his secret fear that I was going to turn into a hideous housefrau during pregnancy, heh. He even said one time, "You don't look... haggard... at all." I laughed, "Why would I look haggard??" He didn't know, I guess that was just something he worried about? Hilarious. I will say, though, that some women do feel like crap while pregnant and I have been very lucky in that regard.

No comments:

Post a Comment