Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Meandering thoughts

I think I may be getting sick - but I'm not sure, because my current client has cats that are giving me a pretty bad allergic reaction, so it might just be that. At any rate if I can finish their mural today (possible) I can spend the rest of the week curled up on the couch with a book, which I WILL do and not feel guilty if I have caught some kind of cold.

My stepmom has asked me if we want to bank the baby's cord blood, since she did it with both of her babies. I have no interest in it but I would like to find a way to say that firmly yet not impolitely. The odds of the baby having a blood disorder for which we could actually use the cord blood are astronomically small... we are better off using that money on good health insurance and savings for baby. But it's kind of tough to say that to someone who is currently paying the monthly fees to store cord blood and believes it's worth it. Hm.

My dad and stepmom and sisters are planning to visit in February when they have a school break. I think that's a good time, because I will have had a few weeks to get used to having a newborn, but I'll still be on work leave. Mr. Ibis thinks we should tell them not to come then, because it will be cold and the weather could be nasty... but I'm sure they must realize that. Their only other choices would be to wait until April or the summer and I think they want to come as soon as they can. Plus we are planning a trip out there in June, so it makes sense to space out the visits a little more.

It kind of weirds me out to think - we're going to have a son. Like, beyond just having a little baby. We're going to have a son, for the rest of our lives. We're going to be parents. Parents of a little boy. A married couple with a kid. A family. How crazy is that?

No comments:

Post a Comment