Tuesday, September 29, 2009

More random thoughts

I have the pregnancy clumsies so bad it is driving me CRAZY. I'm also a little irritable lately, which means when I drop everything I touch I want to KILL. And I'm also feeling "really pregnant," ie, like I'm starting to have a little difficulty navigating the world with a belly. Which means I really do not like bending over anymore. Already. Yes I know I'm not even 25 weeks pregnant.

On the irritability front, as soon as I turned out my bedside light last night I realized I had to pee. Hate. That. So I trudged downstairs, only to find that the bathroom was out of toilet paper. I let loose an explosion of expletives and trudged down ANOTHER flight of stairs to the laundry room where we keep the main TP supply. Back upstairs, pee, back to bed, knowing full well I was going to wake up in two or three hours needing to pee again. I think I've been pretty cool about this for the most part but I was so aggravated last night. I complained bitterly to Mr. I, "I haven't slept through the night in SIX MONTHS." I know, get used to it, honey. But at least the baby will be right by the bed and not down a flight of fricking stairs.

I told Mr. Ibis months ago that in the last month or so of this pregnancy I'm probably going to give up and sleep downstairs, because there is really no way I want to be going up and down stairs in the dark when I'm 40 weeks pregnant, especially if I'm peeing EVEN MORE OFTEN than I have been for the entire pregnancy so far. I know some people tell you not to drink for an hour or two before bedtime, but I don't really see how that's possible... we eat around 6 or 6:30 and go to bed at 8:30 or 9:00. I would die of dehydration if I didn't drink a glass of water with dinner and another one after eating.

I'm looking forward with some trepidation to my next weigh-in and the glucose test. I only eat when I'm hungry, but apparently it's true what they say about boy babies and mom's appetite. I can tell my stomach is getting a little smooshed, but I can still put it down. And the chocolate cravings are out of control.

Still, I'm totally ALL belly. I like to pull up my shirt when I use my client's bathroom and ogle my belly (my clients always have big huge well lit bathroom mirrors, unlike me). I predict you will be amazed and astounded by my next belly photo. That sucker is growing like mad, and it's just this insane basketball sticking out of my front side. I've seen some photos of pregnant women close to their due dates who look like they have a normal pre-pregnancy body with just this totally wacky horizontal appendage of a baby bump jutting out in front like the prow of a boat. That is going to be me.

I'm having a bit of a dilemma right now with my work wardrobe. Since I paint for a living and my clothes get trashed, I don't want to buy maternity clothes for work. However, I am growing out of my current clothes and not sure what to do next. I caught Mr. Ibis eyeing my outfit yesterday and I am pretty sure I could read his mind: What is up with your clothes, babe? My sweatpants get pushed down by my low-hanging belly, and my long-but-not-maternity shirts just kind of hang off the front of it, cutting very close to belly cleavage exposure. It's even worse when I need to throw on a sweatshirt, since most of what I have only come down to my belly button. I'm kicking myself for taking a big pile of Mr. I's unwanted sweaters to Goodwill last spring... I should have had the foresight to realize I could wear those this fall. I guess I'm going to see if there's anything else I can raid from his closet and trash at work.

I need to remember to ask my OB next time, finally, whether it's okay or bad that my belly always measures ahead while baby does not. I need to ask her about my ultrasound and I sure do hope she's actually reviewed it this time. And I need to suss her out on natural birth. And probably tell her I don't want the H1N1 vaccine.

My dad called me today to ask if I'm getting the vaccine, and I said no. He was relieved, because apparently my brother has convinced him that it is part of an evil conspiracy to depopulate the earth so that a new world order global government can take control. I told him I wasn't too sure about all that, but I do suspect some corporate profiteering going on and I just don't want to take the risk, especially when I have heard multiple women say their OBs have told them not to get it because it's too new. My OB just handed me a printout from the CDC website, which doesn't exactly make me feel like she is thoroughly researching it. So it's a no for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment