Monday, October 19, 2009

State of the Ute

I tried to take it easy as instructed yesterday but after sitting on the couch all day Saturday I didn't really want to sit on the couch all day Sunday. Plus I was still feeling totally guilty about the hospital trip (I know, why?) and the fact that Mr. I was doing a bunch of chores by himself yesterday. I helped out shopping and doing laundry and I made a painting for the living room that I've been meaning to do forever. Still, all in all a pretty lazy day.

I felt frustrated because I dutifully drank about 100 oz of water throughout the day and yet I was still having Braxton Hicks. The only real difference from Saturday was having to go pee about every 20 minutes. I don't know how I'm going to get through my second trimester peeing that often... seriously, I can't even go to the store because by the time we get there I'm ready to wet my pants. But I'll drink my water like a good girl.

I'm not really telling that many people 'in real life' about the hospital trip because I don't really want to worry the grandparents and have people start telling me to just lay in bed for the rest of my pregnancy (not gonna happen). But I did tell one friend who has two kids and is a lot smarter than me about all natural pregnancy and birth stuff... and she said that red raspberry leaf is NOT good for me if I'm having Braxton Hicks. And what do you know, I've been drinking the stuff in my "pregnancy tea" regularly! In fact I ran out for a while and just started drinking it again last week. So that may be part of my problem.

Before pregnancy I was a huge coffee drinker, and though I am still having a little tiny cup in the morning, I still crave at least a hot drink in the afternoon, particularly when it's cold and damp out. So my seemingly logical thought process was that something you buy in the grocery store called "Pregnancy Tea" that claims to be safe throughout pregnancy would be, you know, safe throughout pregnancy. But my friend said that its job is to tone the uterus, which is also what Braxton Hicks do... so my uterus is kind of like an exercise bulemic doing compulsive jumping jacks right now. Or something. I guess it's back to decaf Earl Gray for me (what I was drinking during first tri).

I slept in this morning because I really didn't get much sleep after our night at the hospital. As I was waking up today I had my first ever leg cramp. I stretched, as I always do in the morning, and pointed my toes, and BAM! LEG CRAMP! It was seriously intense but didn't last long. I was weirdly happy about getting an actual pregnancy symptom that I read about in books, other than stupid effing Braxton Hicks.


No comments:

Post a Comment