
I'm smack in the middle of third trimester with 6 weeks left to go!
I remember looking at my 20 week baby belly and wondering if I would be able to manage working at all in December at the rate I was growing. Well, I am still working and doing fine. Again I have to say that I feel very lucky and grateful that my pregnancy has gone so well and I've maintained such good health throughout. Knock wood. At the rate I'm going - with how I'm feeling, and how I still keep getting calls about jobs - it's possible I could be working almost right up until my due date.
My main discomforts now are just some minor swelling - mainly in my hands, which are puffy and stiff now - and just kind of feeling the sheer weight of hauling this belly around. At work I'm down on the floor and up on ladders... up and down throughout the day, and it's not so easy to pop up from the floor anymore!
Sitting down is actually one of the most uncomfortable positions for me unless I can sit cross legged. It feels like I'm carrying so low, yet also so high - basically as the nurse said, the baby is ALL stretched out - that when I sit on a chair, or worse, a sofa, my belly feels like it's being smushed at the bottom by my lap, and smushed at the top up into my lungs and boobs. This makes things like visiting my inlaws a form of physical torture. At home I sit cross legged on the couch and do all right.
Actually my main complaint? I'm already at that "nothing fits" stage of maternity clothing, and like most people this far along, I refuse to buy more clothes. My pants are always falling down so I have to wear the belly band. But the belly band is always shifting and scrunching and riding up. Plus I feel like I'm doing oragami every time I have to use the bathroom. And even my best maternity shirts are getting to the point where they barely cover my entire belly... with 6 weeks to go! Gulp. I feel so uncomfortable in my clothes all day that the best part of my day is seriously when I get into my pajamas. I have these maternity sweatpants that I really wish I could wear 24/7.
Other than that... I just can't wait to meet my baby. I'm excited. And I'm nervous. I hope he's healthy. I feel really scared sometimes that something will be wrong with him, that he'll have some defect or disability and I'll blame myself. I'm more afraid of that than of delivery, which I feel is just something that I'm inevitably going to go through and whatever will be will be. So I constantly flipflop between nervousnessness and excitement. I often wander into his room and just look at all his stuff. I really hope the rest of the pregnancy flies by.


No comments:
Post a Comment