I must comment on the one nasty review on BRU: that person obviously never looked at the crib in person so I don't know what they were expecting. It's not a $300 crib, obviously. But the crib parts are all solid wood, it's only the drawer that's made of particle board. And no, it doesn't have caster wheels as the website oddly claims, but that's not something that was advertised to us. The color is accurate, not sure what their problem was there.
We don't have a mattress in there yet because I am going to buy a brand new one from a designer friend - she bought it to stage a nursery but it's never been used aside from that. Even so, I put the bedding set in the empty crib just to see how it looks, and it's adorable. The nursery looks great now and Mr. I is loving it too.
There's not much left to do... pack a hospital bag, and I'm going to drop by our daycare contender sometime this week hopefully. Little Miles is probably about 5.5 lbs now and just needs to fatten up and get those lungs ready for action.
I don't know if it was the crib assembly or just my mad nesting in general, but I woke up around 4am today because my shoulders and upper back hurt, pretty severely. It felt like I was being crushed by the weight of my own body, but just in the upper back and chest. I turned from side to side and even tried laying in child pose (on my front with my knees pulled up) but I just knew I wasn't going to be able to get back to sleep with that much pain, so I got up at about 4:20. As soon as I got up, the pain went away. I turned the coffee on (I still drink one small cup a day) and had breakfast and read a book until Mr. I and the Unicorn woke up.
I have a busy week this week and I'm just totally focused on getting through it. I was supposed to do some ladder work today, but because it snowed last night and the roads are bad, Mr. I convinced me it wouldn't be safe for me to try to transport the extension ladder this morning. He was going to do it for me before work, but I decided to put it off until Friday. So today I paint, Tuesday to Thursday I'm doing an organizing job, and then Friday the ladder work. Saturday morning I have my prenatal massage and I suspect I'm going to need it.


No comments:
Post a Comment