So, I don't think I've written about this yet: normally I would not care that much whether I have my baby by my due date or not, but my mom made a mistake. Kind of a big one. Just before I got back to her with the dates I chose for her visit, she booked her trip. Nonrefundable air & hotel tickets for her and my sister, for January 12 - 19. I'm due the 14th. She pretty much couldn't have picked worse dates unless she booked them before I'm due... she said she just totally flaked and doesn't know what she was thinking. She's been saving for this trip and it's not like my family can afford to fly out here all the time, or we there. This is pretty much exactly what Mr. Ibis and I didn't want - pressure around the due date, visitors while I'm (maybe) giving birth, but oh well. What's done is done. Now we just have to hope that I don't go overdue... like, at all... or my mom and sister will completely miss meeting the baby. That would suck like crazy. It's my mom's first grandchild and she's so excited. Honestly, I can hardly bear to think about it, it frustrates me so much. I'm just trying to put it out of my mind now.
I woke up at 4:30 again today with the shoulder/back pain thing. Sucks. I came downstairs to read on the couch and fell asleep for a little bit longer, kind of tilted against the end of the sofa. I'm glad I'm seeing my doula this weekend and getting my massage, because then I can ask her about this and what I could do to make it better. I don't know if maybe it's our office chair that does it? Losing one hour of sleep a night is not a big deal to me (I sort of feel I deserve it after sleeping so well until this point), but waking up in major pain isn't that much fun.
I am wondering if I could possibly have dropped, and am eager to ask my doctor in another week. Several people have commented lately on how low I'm carrying, and from looking at a recent photo I sent, my mom asked if I've dropped. I think I was carrying fairly low all along so there was no dramatic physical feeling of change - like being able to breathe, which was never a huge problem for me anyway - or needing to pee more, which has been a problem all along. But I do sometimes feel like he is head-butting my bladder now, and grinding down into my intestines.
Today I have to finally venture out into the snow. I would be eager to get back to work if it weren't for the huge piles of snow everywhere. There are no above-freezing temps on the forecast for the next week (heck, nothing above the 20s) so I guess it's here to stay. If I can just somehow motivate myself to finish this dumb painting job by the end of tomorrow, I'm done. If I get any more work, that's fine, but having next week off would be sweet. I want to go to a daytime breastfeeding class for working moms, I want to visit the daycare lady, I want to go to a La Leche meeting, and I also want some time to do a little more baby prep - buying the stuff I need to pack my hospital bag and so on.


No comments:
Post a Comment