On Saturday morning I had my prenatal massage with the doula. First I was supposed to go pick up a check and a ladder from my client, and Mr. Ibis and I were going to take two vehicles so he could bring the ladder home and I could go straight to massage. Well, instead I backed straight into a snow bank at the end of our driveway. Luckily Mr. I had already freed his van, so I took that to my massage and he stayed behind to dig out my car.
(I hate snow.)
The massage was great. I've only had one professional massage before that, and this was similar with a few pregnancy modifications. First I laid on my back (head slightly elevated) and she did my face, neck, shoulders - I told her about my upper back pain issues and she worked some funky knots out of my shoulder blade area. I could feel them release, it was crazy. I also told her I was having some swelling, so she did some "lymphatic drainage" as well. Then she did my arms and legs, feet and hands. Next, the optional belly rub. She said some women are hesitant, but I was all about it. It felt nice, and she said it's her favorite part because she gets to feel the baby.
Then she adjusted the table, adding the headrest and removing the belly cutout - she stepped out while I heaved my body around to face down with my belly in the hole (ha!). I have to say this wasn't the most comfortable thing... my belly was fine but I am so small that my head didn't really quite reach the end of the table, so my jaw was kind of smushed up - oh well. She did the backs of my legs, my lower back, and worked a little more on my funky upper back and shoulder area. All in all, it lasted about an hour and was wonderful. Then she got out her planner and we made plans to have our second meeting (with Mr. I too) next Sunday at our house... we'll go over the birth plan and talk about what comes next!
After that I stayed in my yoga clothes and just threw a hat over my massage-oily hair (I'm a scrub, whatevs) while we did our grocery shopping and finally got the ladder from my client. I didn't shower and change until after dinner (at home).
Yesterday I did NOTHING. Did not leave the house (have I mentioned I hate snow?). Didn't get dressed all day. Mr. I, on the other hand, was a champ... he ran some errands for me that I just did not want to do - oil change for my car, find out what's wrong with the wiper fluid (either frozen or the motor's broken, they're not sure), drop stuff off at Goodwill, and he even got my car washed and vacuumed out the inside for me. Even though it was frigidly cold. Love him. I hate running around doing that kind of thing, especially during the winter.
Speaking of which, today we have a high of 8 degrees. WTF? I can deal with a cold snap of a week at a time, but it's not even winter yet and we're going into the second straight week of constant freezing temperatures. It hasn't gotten above 25, and rarely even above 20, since last weekend. And no relief in sight. This sucks!


No comments:
Post a Comment