Our nursery is finally finished (still doesn't have curtains but I've decided I don't really care about that). I'm proud of the way it looks and also proud that we did it on a small budget.
Paint: I bought one gallon of cream colored paint for the walls for about $35. The ceiling was already blue from the previous owners' paint job.
Artwork: Three square art boards for about $12 apiece and I painted them with artists colors that I already have in stock for my work.

Changing table: We scored this at Goodwill the first time I was pregnant, for $15 and it included the changing pad. They were in almost-new shape, solid hardwood frame with particle board shelves. In this photo you can see diapers, baby monitor, hampers, blankets, and infant carriers that were all gifts. The changing pad cover was also a gift.
Other decor: I made the mobile out of wooden pieces and dowels I bought from Michael's for a total of $20, and I painted them with my own artists colors again. The wall mounted shelf was $12 and we bought two of them (the other hangs over the dresser) and the toys and photos were things we already had.

"Dresser" or Bookcase: This bookcase was a piece of furniture that we already had and used to use for books... our house came with a big set of built-in bookshelves so this piece was not really being used. It fits all of his clothing for now and some books too. The accessories on the top were all things that we had or were given to us. The tree branch is a cute nightlight - each of the branches has a tiny white light bulb at the tip. We did buy the piggy bank at a craft store for $5.

Crib: Bought at a local furniture store for $159 plus tax, which came to about $170 - it's the Delta Savannah non-dropside convertible. Brought it home ourselves, so no shipping. I took this photo before we got the mattress, but that's now in there and it cost us nothing. My friend bought it to stage a nursery and she wouldn't take any money for it - it is a Sealy Cozy Rest that usually sells for about $60.

And that's it! The room is full, so even though Mr. I really wants a glider, I don't think we're going to get one, and even if we did, we couldn't put it in the nursery. We have an old home (built in 1925) and the rooms are small. The only other things we want to add eventually are an area rug (probably about $60) and some curtains and curtain rods (maybe another $60?). But for now it's cute and has everything the baby needs, and we love it. The grand total for nursery furniture and decor (so far) comes to $305!


1 comment:
The nursery looks great!! And you can't beat that price, you guys are doing great! Congrats!
Post a Comment