Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Christmas to all...

We're snowed in!

We woke up early-ish this morning and took some video while opening presents. The Unicorn loves to open gifts - tearing up the paper is his favorite part of the holiday, so we let him open many of our presents.

One of the gift highlights is a pre-packed hospital bag from my mom, by Duffle Your Bag. I think this is just the coolest idea and such a great gift. It came with a robe, slippers, toiletries, pads, toiletries for dad, and a newborn outfit, and also a handy labor bag checklist so we can add the rest of the things we need. It's a nice large duffle bag and the toiletries are various name brand items as well - love it!

I bought Mr. I clothes and warm socks for Christmas. I feel like my gifts were rather unromantic and not really adequate for expressing my appreciation... but he did need new clothes so badly, and that's what he asked for too, so that's what I wanted to get for him. He bought me exactly what was on my list, including a birth/exercise ball, new Alicia Keys CD, and a baby keepsake book - he picked one out that is so perfect - beautiful and cute but not cutesy.

Now we're stuck in the house, because we're going through the World's Slowest and Most Gradual Blizzard. Seriously, if you look outside all you ever see at one time is a few little flurries and drifting flakes... but it's been going on so long that it's adding up to quite a mess. A mess on top of the mess we already had on the ground. One of our neighbors came by a little while ago and snow-blowed our driveway, or most of it, but my car is stuck in the garage indefinitely. We can get out in Mr. I's van but it's not exactly a great idea, given that the roads have not been plowed yet.

So this is Day Two of Cabin Fever. Yesterday we tooled around in our pajamas, did some laundry, straightened the house, played Trivial Pursuit (I lost badly), watched a movie, and opened our stockings. Today is a more of a whole lotta nothing - although it seems to be passing more quickly, perhaps because we're getting used to being slugs. We have one more movie to watch and can probably scrounge up another board game. We are going to run out of milk and bread in the near future and will probably try to trek to Walgreens on foot (tomorrow) for supplies. But we will not be doing Christmas with the in-laws, possibly until Sunday.

Miles is staying put. I think the cramping that I felt on Wednesday evening/Thursday morning was just from having an internal because it hasn't returned. And it's unlikely that sitting on my ass for four straight days is going to trigger labor!

No comments:

Post a Comment