Friday, January 15, 2010

Nothing yet

Oh my god, my bubble baby ticker is counting back up now - how horrifying. The longer I am pregnant the more days I have to go, nooooo!!

I would love to say that I'm officially overdue but I know that technically I am not overdue until I'm 42 weeks. Ain't that a kick in the pants. The idea of going another two weeks scares me. Realistically I'll be induced before I make it a full two weeks, but even a week and change does not appeal. It's amazing how long a week can seem like when you're ten months pregnant.

My nights are so hit or miss now. Last night I woke up at 4am for my last pee break and was just plain wide awake. I got up and read for a while, which often puts me back to sleep, but not this time. My mind was working and my stomach was growling. I made it to 5 before making myself a bowl of oatmeal.

We're making plans for the weekend with my mom and sister, like going out to dinner, seeing a movie, hanging out with my mother-in-law... talking about what we want to do two days from now seems bizarre. What I want to be doing two days from now is recovering from childbirth!

I don't know why but last night I suddenly felt very worried about the baby and whether he was still doing okay in there. I couldn't feel him moving at that moment, and when I poked and prodded at his foot, he didn't respond for a while. It scared me, until finally he got going again. It's always late in the evening that I start to feel anxiety about things.

I have an OB appointment at 10:40 this morning and it can't come soon enough - this past week plus a day has seemed like an eternity. I'm going to have another internal, of course, and the non stress test plus a fluid check. I'm going to bring my mom and sister (hope that's ok with the doc?) because I figure if they miss the baby at least they'll get to share that with me and hear his heartbeat. Plus they can keep me company while I sit there for a half an hour clicking a button.

I was passing more and more of my mucus plug all day yesterday. I also had some very sporadic mild contractions throughout the day. Trying not to get my hopes up too much about having a good progress report from the internal.

If nothing happens this weekend I'm glad I'm going to go back on Monday - even one week is too long to wait for another baby check at this point. Every day feels like a month.

1 comment:

Lore B said...

I'm so not looking forward to being in your position... Hang in there, and good luck at the appt! I'll check again later for an update.

Post a Comment