Thursday, April 1, 2010

3 month growth spurt?

I think we may be hitting another growth spurt a little early as we always do. On Monday Miles slept for over 5 straight hours, which means I slept for over 5 straight hours, which is the most consecutive sleep I've gotten since he was born. On Tuesday he slept most of the day and night (though not for 5 hours straight, alas). And then yesterday he didn't sleep much and instead he ate every two hours all day and night.

His development and growth are definitely accelerating. In the past week he has discovered his hands - he was already chewing on them, but now sometimes he notices them and just stares, slightly cross-eyed (so cute), as he moves his fingers slowly. He's finally become interested in toys and will try to touch and bat at them. I think he's almost spotted his feet a couple of times. He can hold his head up quite well, for quite a while. He has strong abdominal muscles and I think will roll over soon.

I had to pack away all his 0-3 onesies yesterday and bring out the 3-6 months. We have a ton of long sleeved onesies for this size which is rather useless as it's quickly getting warm, but plenty of short sleeves too.

I may change my tune someday, but right now it doesn't make me sad that he's growing so fast. I enjoy watching him grow and learn new things.

No comments:

Post a Comment