YES, you read that right. Miles is 14 weeks old today and this is the first time I've had real, old-fashioned intercourse with my husband since before he was born. Now, this is pretty personal and for that I am sorry. BUT. I feel this information needs to get out. For every jerk who gave me the utterly useless advice to "sleep while you can!" when I was pregnant, I wish there had been just one who had warned me about postpartum sex. The next pregnant friend I see, I'm going to be all, "have fun losing your virginity again!"
Maybe you know this already, but I didn't. "It hurts" doesn't really begin to describe it. It's like you can't believe that you have actually ever done this before, because ohmygod it just feels wrong and like that thing isn't supposed to go in there EVER. It's completely baffling and makes no sense, because, you know, not to put too fine a point on it but a human head just passed through there a few months ago. You would think something rather smaller (sorry, dear) would have no trouble at all. But NO. OW. OW. OW.
So. I got that over and done with. Romantic, isn't it?
Wedding band back on, whee. I tried it every few weeks or so and this was the first time it didn't make my finger feel a little explode-y. So I'm still wearing it. It's nice to have it on again... it's just a plain white gold band, but it's a sentimental thing.
And the weight loss. I don't weigh myself unless I go to the doctor or visit someone with a bathroom scale laying about, so I haven't checked my weight since I was 6 weeks postpartum. I was not trying to lose weight but I figured I was since I've been working so hard. I had to go get that health exam for my insurance yesterday, and BAM I'm back to where I started.
Interestingly, my pre-pregnancy pants still don't come close to fitting - my body has changed, even if I've lost the weight. I have more thighs and hippiness. I can't call them actual hips, since I was born with a tragic absence of womanly hips, but I'm ever so slightly wider there. And I rather like my new body. I feel feminine and a little more curvy. I even kind of like my soft belly, not "hott" by conventional standards, but it makes me feel like a mother, in a good way.
I'm taking this as a license to: 1) eat more cookies and 2) buy more clothes.


1 comment:
I'm still waiting to be able to comfortably fit my wedding ring back on. My pregnant friend got this package of like 6 thing bronze rings from Target because her rings don't fit either, and I took 2 of them and have been wearing those. Just not the same though :)
Post a Comment