Monday, April 26, 2010

Monday

I'm dyyying.

I have to take a physical exam at 11 am to get approved for health insurance. And for this I had to fast for 8 hrs. Although I crammed 2/3 of a muffin down my throat at 2 am (oh yes I did), this is pretty much like fasting since dinner last night. And I am dying.

Do you know what they're asking - a breastfeeding mother to fast until lunchtime? A sleep deprived mother to skip the coffee? This morning I have already: been pooped on, left for daycare 20 minutes too early, forgot my phone, forgot a burp cloth so when Miles spit up in the car I had to bring him to Judy like that, forgot to tell her when he last ate, and then came home and completely ruined the sample that I was supposed to show my clients at 12:30. That's me with low blood sugar and no caffeine.

Pumping should be interesting an hour from now. I'm curious whether I will even make any milk when I'm this nutritionally deprived.

Speaking of poop. Miles has had insane massive blowouts for three straight days. I guess it wasn't the fault of the ring sling. The latest one was this morning and it soiled my jeans so I had to change myself too. I'm thinking it's something I've been eating, and the only thing different that I've eaten for three straight days is this almond milk that my mother-in-law brought over. I don't know why that would cause blowouts but I'm going to stop drinking it and see what happens.

Speaking of Miles. He rolled over! Suddenly on Friday he went from flopping like a fish during tummy time to propping himself up on his elbows like a big boy. And from there - he rolled! He hasn't done it against but he's gotten close.


No comments:

Post a Comment