Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Bring your baby to work day

This may turn out to be a bad idea, but I'm bringing Miles to work today. Work is dragging out an extra day (at least), I didn't have daycare lined up (though I could easily have added a day), I didn't want to pay for yet another day given how over-budget the project is, but most of all I just seflishly want my baby there for... moral support? Plus I get to get out of pumping, which I do rather hate, and if I finish early enough maybe we can finally get back to Mom & Baby after having missed it for a month.

My clients are out of town so I have the house to myself. I'm going to bring Miles's bouncy chair and just kind of hope he'll be okay to hang out for a few hours. It won't be more than that. He usually naps a lot in the morning so I think I can swing it. My designer is dropping by at noon but I will most likely be done before then anyway.

Work is going really badly. I was on the verge of tears at one point yesterday, and stressed out the entire day. I've just had a string of bad luck with regard to the complexity of jobs, unexpected problems with the materials and applications, bad logistical issues, etc. The designer thinks the client might hate what we have so far when they get back - it's supposed to be complete as is but I might have to do it all over again. Which is really going to make me cry. You saw the picture - it's a 17 foot high brick fireplace facade. Not fun.

Mr. Ibis feels bad for me because for once he's totally content with his job, and I'm in hell with mine. I just have to get through this one terrible job and take a breather. Regain my sanity. Hopefully take some easier projects next.

No comments:

Post a Comment