A brief review of the past few days (way too busy for blogging):
Thursday: I cried at work. And I'm talking uncontrollable sobbing for a solid hour. My designer, who usually is my friend, was I guess in a bitchy mood and tore me a new one at ten in the morning. For some reason when she asked what time I had to pick up Miles that day I lost my shit. I had to leave the job, go home, wash my face, and stall for time because I could not stop bawling like a lunatic. Good times.
Friday: I finished the project? I think? I heard late Thursday that everyone liked it but I haven't heard anything since I finished. On the downside I started feeling a cold coming on. Mr. Ibis watched Miles all day and the three of us met up at our insurance agency to open IRA accounts midday. Mr. I and the boy were doing great. I'm so happy that Mr. Ibis gets to spend so much time with Miles during his babyhood... I think he (Mr. Ibis) will appreciate that when the baby's older and it will have seemed to go by in the blink of an eye.
Friday night: Definitely sick. I started feeling run down, headachey, dehydrated, and of course tired. I went to bed with Miles at 8pm. During the night whenever I had to wake up to feed Miles I felt like fresh roadkill. My headache was so intense I started worrying I could have a late episode of swine flu (and we still have no insurance!).
Today: I feel better since getting out of bed. Last night I was diligent about nursing Miles fully and putting him back in the co-sleeper since I knew I needed my sleep. When I have him in bed with me all night he nurses off and on throughout the night and I don't sleep as well. It's kind of a Catch-22 because I tend to do that when I'm too tired to be lifting him up, unswaddling, sitting up, nursing, reswaddling, etc... but it just makes me more tired to bed share.
Mr. I, of course, is working today meaning he's out of town until tomorrow morning. Of course.
I was afraid of giving Miles my cold, but today I'm thinking he might have given it to me. He has been boogery for a few days but I didn't think it was a cold because other than that he was happy, eating well, sleeping normally, etc. But I read in my AAP baby book today that infant colds tend to be mild and mostly just runny noses. This morning I saw clear boogies running out of his nose and it dawned on me that he must be sick too, just not really showing it. Judy said the other kids at daycare had runny noses so I guess this is our first daycare-borne illness. Worse for me than for baby, so I guess it's not the worst thing ever. I do feel like crap on a stick though.


No comments:
Post a Comment