Sunday, April 18, 2010

Recovering

I'm feeling less like ass today. I noticed at one of the middle of the night feedings that I felt markedly better. I'm still really fatigued and a little boogery but at least the feeling of imminent death has passed.

All I did yesterday was watch House on DVD and try to entertain Miles as best I could without moving my body. We did pretty well with that. He likes being read to a lot - he gets totally into looking at the pictures. And I can usually waste a fair amount of time singing silly songs and just bouncing him on my lap. All day long he preferred to nap in my arms, which I didn't mind... it gave me an excuse to sit around and watch another episode of House each time.

Still, by the time late afternoon rolled around I started counting down the hours until Mr. I would be home. I am not even kidding you about this - I ate dinner at 3:30 and went to bed at 7 pm.

Do you know how hard it is to not spread your icky germs to your baby when you're sick? Picture having to blow your runny, disease-ridden nose a thousand times a day and the constant touching that a baby and his things require. Example: he's sleeping on my lap, I blow my nose, his pacifier falls out and he starts to wake. Do I get up to wash my hands and disturb his nap? No, I pop the binky back in. Last night I slept with hand sanitizer by the bed so I could sterilize my boogery self before nursing and that was about the best I could do.

No comments:

Post a Comment