The drool is out of control... he needs a bib or frequent wardrobe changes because his front gets soaked. Poor little guy. Last night at a couple of his middle of the nights feedings it felt like he almost bit my nipple off even though I still can't see any teeth in there.
Mr. Ibis had to get up at 2 for work, at which time Miles started to fuss. He had nursed not long before so I tried to just give him the binky and soothe him down, but his diaper was full, and dammit I forgot to bring any up. So I had to go downstairs and get a diaper, change him, he went back to sleep, I did not. My mind started racing about the stupidest things - going to the dentist, planning for a second baby in two years.
After the longest time I finally started to fall back to sleep and I heard Miles poop. That necessitated turning on the light to change him, so then we were both wide awake. It was 4 am. Ah well, time to get up. We had all gotten in bed at 7 pm so it wasn't all that bad. Miles is napping in the swing now and I'm not that tired.
The night nursing has been kind of crazy this week, I have to say. I'm cool with nursing in bed three, four times a night. But for the past few nights it's been more times than I can even count. It's not so much my lack of sleep that bothers me, because I'm doing all right, but I just wonder if it's even good for him to basically cluster feed all night long, while half-asleep. I'm not sure what else to do, though, because he WILL cry until I nurse him each time he wakes up.


No comments:
Post a Comment