Friday night was awful. Up at least every hour, sometimes twice an hour. Possibly due to me eating chili for dinner. It was wretched.
Saturday night Mr. Ibis was home. Miles was a mess at bedtime, fussing like crazy to the point that we had to leave so Mr. I could sleep. M finally fell asleep at 8:30 in my arms on the couch and from there it was a fairly average night, waking every 2-3 hours to nurse.
Yesterday I attempted all morning to get him to nap in his crib which did NOT WORK. He naps so well in the swing I thought it might be stealing his nighttime sleep. But I caved at midday and he took a 1/2 hour nap in the swing. In the afternoon we napped together in my bed for about an hour.
I was feeling really bad yesterday, like I am just a total failure of a mom. Kind of depressed. Pretty terrible. Miles was cranky a lot and I just felt like I no longer knew what I was doing.
Last night I nursed him at the beginning of Lost at 8pm. He fell asleep. I let him sleep in my arms while I watched the show. He briefly half-woke to nurse again around 10. The show ended at 10:30 and I thought surely transitioning to bed would wake him up completely - but no. He stirred a little but went back into a deep sleep.
AND SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT.
HE SLEPT THROUGH THE NIGHT.
OMG.
He didn't wake up again until 5 am, and again only half-woke to nurse at that time. He finally woke up for real at his usual time of 6:30. I have no idea what happened or why. I kept waking up like, is he really still sleeping?? How can this be? No fussing, no kicking, no comfort sucking, just sleeping. Whoa.
I'm not going to kid myself - this may not happen again for another two months or more. But it was pretty nice for one night.


No comments:
Post a Comment