I guess Operation No Swing Naptime is working, although you know since I put that in print tonight will be a mess.
Sadly I did not get to enjoy last night by sleeping because I was up half the night with a screaming headache and inability to breathe through my nose. This head cold just WON'T DIE. However, I did sort of enjoy the night by waking up eleventy billion times and seeing that my boy was still sleeping peacefully.
He's rolling over a lot lately, both ways, which for some babies is disruptive to sleep, but Miles seems to be better able to find a comfy position to sleep in by himself and that's working for him. In fact the other amazing thing last night was that he went to sleep with not one PEEP of protest. Usually he whines or cries for a minute or so as he's going down, but this time he just rolled onto his side, shut his eyes, and drifted off. So sweet.
You know who's not being sweet and amazing and miraculous. The Unicorn. My dog. Most people would say dogs are easier than babies, but I'm not so sure. Because the difference between Miles and the Unicorn? Miles has limits. He has the ability to be satisfied. He can eat his fill, or play with us for a certain amount of time, or jump for a while, and then he's done and he's happy.
The Unicorn? IS NEVER SATISFIED. Nothing is never enough. He can eat his dinner and two minutes later he's begging for yours. He can play outside for an hour and five minutes later he's pestering you to go outside again. It's mentally exhausting. And honestly sometimes I kind of want to punch him. Now listen, I would NEVER hurt my dog and I feel bad sometimes just for kinda wanting to kill him a little bit, because he is just an innocent, sweet little dog. But OMGWTFseriously. Where is the off switch.
Yesterday I played with him in the yard for a little while. I kicked a soccer ball to him, which is his second favorite game next to wiffle ball, but I can't play wiffle ball while holding the baby. So I played, not a lot because I still feel a bit like ass, but I played a little. This apparently was NOT ENOUGH for him because at some point he went upstairs and shredded a tissue that was next to the bed - all over the bed. Rat bastard. He's been begging me all morning to play and I'm like, dude, it's before business hours. No.
I think we are both counting the minutes until Mr. I comes home.


1 comment:
I am so jealous of the once-only waking! Argh- Iris has only done that a few times, but they were glorious, glorious times. Right now? We're at an average of 4 wakings, and she's 5 months too.
Post a Comment