And on the Mr. Ibis front, there now is a possibility he could lose his job. His employer offered him a stranglehold deal where he can either drive his own vehicle 300 miles a week UNPAID to make an extra run, or take a long walk off a short pier. He doesn't want to be a scab and agree to this - they're not union but none of the guys wants to do this "job" - and so that's where we are now, waiting to find out what's going to happen.
And there are my daycare woes as well.
If Mr. I were to lose his job we'd be up shit creek. We spent all of our "emergency savings" to fund my maternity leave, and now we only have about $300 in the savings account. We also have a big stack of medical bills from the birth that we're trying to pay off as quickly as possible, which is why I'm not going to the doctor now for this plague I have - our wonderful new health insurance has a $7500 deductible. God it's great to be middle class in America!
I have a few jobs coming up but so far nothing until mid-July.
I really couldn't be more stressed out right now. And guess what, my birthday is in less than two weeks. We had wanted to go away for a weekend but obviously that's not such a hot idea now. And neither is going back East so Miles can meet my mom and Mr. I's sister.
How did we get here? Life seemed so perfect, like, just a few days ago.


No comments:
Post a Comment