Thursday, June 10, 2010

Stuff

Ahhh, days off. It's Mr. I's "weekend" right now (different every week) and I have a little time off week too. It's times like this when I love my job - when I'm not working, haha! We're going to try to catch a museum exhibit sometime today. One of the perks of Mr. I's wacky schedule is that we can do things on weekdays when everyone else is working, as long as I'm off at the same time.

I hope I'm not turning my readers off by getting all political on your asses lately. I can be a little passionate... especially when something hits all my buttons - issues like the squeezing of the middle class, feminism, reproductive choice, etc. - like this book has.

But the fact is, I'm very happy with my life. The actual nitty gritty of mothering, my child, my marriage, my home life - all is well. It's all the kind of cultural noise that gets to me sometimes. I suffer the fate of being a bit of a cultural news junkie, repeatedly drawn right into the very topics that frequently irk me. I tend to get all fired up on other people's behalf, or on principle, which is fine to an extent, but not when it stresses me out. To that end I think my break from the boards has already been pretty refreshing. But you can't take my NPR podcasts away from me!

No comments:

Post a Comment