I really don't have time to blog when Mr. I is home and I'm working... because in the morning when I sometimes find time to blog I'm hanging out with Mr. I, and then after work I am relieving him of baby duty and just hanging out as a family. His weekends move through the week, so one week it'll be Sunday & Monday, the next week it's Monday & Tuesday, etc.
I'm not sure what's even worth writing about, I've just been enjoying the man and the boy and even the freshly groomed Unicorn. Miles is getting exponentially cuter by the day now that he's rolling around, scooching around (only backwards still), making new sounds (he's on the Bs now, bob, blah, boob, bub, etc.), and even growing a wee bit of hair. He can sit supported but not on his own yet, and still no teeth. We're going to start solids this weekend (?) as he turns 6 months officially on Monday (!).
Sleep? Is all over the place. One night he'll very peacefully put himself to sleep - he rolls around a bit, babbles a little, turns over and he's out. He can put his own binky back in if it's in arm's reach which is sooooo nice. But then other nights he fusses and whines and needs the Super Jiggle treatment, where I lay him on his belly and do the special butt-pat that makes his whole body, indeed the whole bed, jiggle. It's tiring for me but works like a charm. After that, sometimes he sleeps well and only wakes up 2-3 times to eat, other times he wakes up eleventy jillion times and I die of fatigue.
Bed-sharing is getting to be more challenging and more dangerous. I'm not sure what to do, exactly. Even though he's not crawling yet he can cover great distances by rolling and scooching. We strategically place pillows around the edges of the bed that are not covered by our bodies, but this is hardly childproof and will be even less so when he is crawling. I worry that one of these nights/mornings I won't wake up in time and he'll fall right off the bed. I've tried to get him to sleep in the co-sleeper again but it's a no go. I know the safest thing would be to remove the bed frame and put the mattress on the floor... but... we have a king sized bed jammed into a half story (peaked ceiling) room that is cut in half by a closet. We assembled it in place so it can't move anywhere and has to be completely taken apart - somehow. Someday when we have time???


No comments:
Post a Comment