So... Miles LOVES eating. He is totally into prunes and pretty keen on cereal, not so fond of applesauce (I tried it - it's a little tart). He likes holding the spoon and makes happy nomnomnom noises when he eats.
But.
He can't poop. Since I added prunes to the diet he has pooped, once yesterday, but he's uncomfortable and up half the night fussing. The happy baby I had for a few days after he cut his tooth is gone. The lack of sleep is really no fun for me but even worse for him... I'm letting him sleep it off during the day but this can't go on.
I'm going to pick up some oatmeal and switch to that and hope it works. If not, can you just not do cereal? I'm not sure. Since they get most of their nutrition from breastmilk/formula for the first year I'm guessing you're allowed to just skip it and do fruits and veggies.
I'm not really into food-on-face photography but Mr. I took this pic and it's topical so here you go - prunes ahoy!


2 comments:
Absolutely, you can skip the rice cereal. I've having some weight issues with my little guy (born Feb. 1, 2010) and need to give him high calorie foods so the pedi reccomended fruits over veggies since their calorie count is higher (avocado, banana, over sweet potato, for example). She said to cut out the rice cereal altogether since it doesn't provide a ton nutritionally - not to say you SHOULDN'T do it, but don't stress at all about not doing it.
My LO has GERD and the rice cereal used to stop her up. The Pedi told us to use a tbsp of miralax in her bottle. It's really gentle and works fairly quickly without upsetting her tummy.
Post a Comment