Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Tooth, food, poop, daycare

Miles's first tooth poked through a few days before he turned 6 months. I felt it before I saw it. You can just barely see a little white dot on his lower gum, and then only if you're looking, but you can easily feel the little jaggedy toof. Ever since it cut though he's been like a different baby - very happy and friendly! I hadn't even realized how much he was affected by teething until I saw how he changed. Of course, it's only a matter of time before the next one starts hurting.

We started rice cereal a few days ago. He enjoyed it and very quickly learned to grasp the spoon himself to take a bite (obviously with me still holding it) but then let go so I could reload. I use my hand pump to express a couple of tablespoons of milk and mix that with the cereal.

Unfortunately, he hasn't pooped for two days, going on three. Common with rice cereal but I feel bad for the little guy. I think I'm going to pick up some prunes and then switch to oatmeal. For the most part I'm going to make food at home for him, but I'm not opposed to picking up stewed fruit if needed.

Two nights ago he was up half the night fussing, but last night he slept like a champ and I think probably did a good 4-6 hour stretch but I was too tired to note the time.

I'm feeling much more comfortable with daycare. After that week or so of odd events everything settled down. Miles seems to be greeting Judy with a huge smile when I bring him over, especially since he cut his tooth. She said that she thinks he's going to crawl early because he is so eager to get moving and is always studying the older babies' moves. The other babies are both boys 3 months older than Miles and she said he's trying to imitate their crawling and even attempted to pull himself to standing on a baby toy! Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment