Thursday, August 19, 2010

6 month well baby

Ack - so much to do, so little time. Busy busy busy this week.

Update on the 6 month well baby visit we had Tuesday even though Miles is 7 months today: he's over 18 lbs, 90% for height (although I think they may have compared him to other 6 month olds, not sure), doctor says he will be at least 6 foot 2 inches and make at least $200k a year (kidding on the second part), and he congratulated us yet again on not circumcising. He said Miles will "thank you later," which is nice but actually it might be weird if my son's all "Mom, thanks for not circumcising me, sex is soooo awesome now!" Right?

I asked doc if it's important for Miles to eat meat, since neither Mr. I nor I do. And he said not at all, which was nice. Just make sure he gets enough B12 and folate, which should be fine since we do eat eggs & dairy. He was also pleased that I am still BFing.

All in all an uneventful visit. In fact he said that since there are no vax at 9 months we don't really need to come in then if we don't want to, which is good. I'm all for not wasting everyone's time and money on unnecessary appointments. I really like our pedi even if I did have to wait a really really really long time in the exam room... I guess that's because he takes his time with patients. Maybe he's overbooked but I can live with that.

Of course Miles screamed his head off when he got his shots. But unlike the last time he was fine afterwards, felt a little warm for a few hours but no real fever, no fussiness, slept well.

1 comment:

Caz said...

Glad to hear Miles 'passed' the 6 month appt. I have a DR who keeps me waiting in the w.room for ages too but he never seems to call in any patients!

Post a Comment