Ahhhh, Nebraska, this is more like it. Weather you can wear jammies to. Rain in the morning. Turning on an overhead light to eat breakfast by. Did you ever have that moment when you realize you don't love summer, because actually you don't get the summer off anymore and it's just unbearably hot all the freaking time? Fall is where it's at. I'm going to pretend it's fall.
Sunday was lovely too. Mr. Ibis was away at work but the weather was fine. In the morning I took Miles for a walk in the stroller and we did not turn into puddles of sweat. He took a long nap IN HIS CRIB OH MY GOD at midday, and in the afternoon I brought a big blanket out into the front yard, under the shade of our huge maple tree, and we played with toys and leaves for an hour. That's what I pictured life with a baby might be like, rather than huddling inside with the air conditioning day after day, rotating from blanket to jumper to swing etc.
It's raining this morning, Miles is napping, and we have a well baby visit in a couple of hours. Not so fun for Miles, but fun for me. I enjoy getting attention via Miles, even from doctors. When I take him out anywhere he always gets lots of admiration from strangers.... over the weekend we brought him to a party in a restaurant, and all the way in people were stopping in their tracks and exclaiming and cooing at him. I feel like I'm walking around with Brad Pitt sometimes, people falling all over themselves to catch his eye. Mr. Ibis thinks I'm going to get addicted to the attention and keep having babies as each one ages out of the baby celebrity stage. Ha.
He is damn cute, though. I love his fuzzy little hair that's finally growing in. People keep asking us if he's going to be a red head, but I think it's just a touch strawberry blond. I like to comb it straight up after a bath. Freshly bathed babe + fuzzy hair + jammies = yum.


No comments:
Post a Comment