Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Good and Bad


Miles continues to wake up about 5 times a night. I'm not sure what's going on, as he was never this bad during the night. Teething, sleep regression, growth spurt, I just don't know. I'm beginning to worry that maybe between the sleep deprivation, solid foods for baby, his lack of appetite during the day, etc., my milk supply is tanking? And he's trying to catch up on lost calories all night? I am just at a loss. I'm praying for a miracle because we leave for our trip in two weeks and dealing with this on top of traveling could be VERY challenging.

On the up side, my getting some work has had the positive changes in our home life that I was hoping for. More childcare on Mr. I's part, which means more of a feeling of connection with him for me.

Of course, I'm crazily overbooked and have a designer calling me daily asking me when I can complete projects that I don't even have time to start. Sometimes I wish I had kept my upcoming vacation a secret until the last moment....

On the up side again, when he's not cranky Miles has been more fun than ever. He LOVES to explore new things, and he's at his happiest when I can round up new objects for him to play with that he hasn't seen before. Recent favorites include several Pez dispensers, a large box of Huggies, a drawer handle (attached to the drawer full of files), a toothpaste box, etc.

Here he plays with a perennial favorite, a mesh laundry basket. You can see his lower teeth a bit:



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

why not put the child in his own bed already?

Ibis said...

Because I would have to get up and walk downstairs 5 times a night and he would have to wait/cry longer before I could come to him. Also, my husband would be woken up whereas now he usually sleeps through the night nursing. I don't see how anyone would get more sleep if Miles was in his crib.

Post a Comment