1. I think part of the fussiness lately is due to Miles trying to drop a nap. He was still napping three times a day but I think we're down to two and possibly an earlier bedtime.
2. I discovered that when he is "waking" at night he is usually still asleep, albeit a light sleep and even though he cries and rolls around. He wants the boob to get back into a deeper sleep but if I just soothe him in other ways and wait it out, he will almost always fall back asleep and will sleep for longer periods if I don't offer the boob every time.
On the anonymous comment that Miles needs his own bed:
I'm not all worked up about getting a snarky anonymous comment, but I do just want to say - I make no pretense here that I know what I'm doing. Motherhood is one big on the job experiment. It's great if you, Anonymous, have figured it all out, but I haven't. And since we know every baby is different, there's no reason to believe that what worked for you is going to work for me. I think it would be a bit weird for me to try putting my baby to sleep in his crib in his own room at the prodding of someone who won't even leave a fake name attached to their advice, so I'm not likely to try that anytime soon. Mr. Ibis agrees 100% that it doesn't seem like it will help anyone to put Miles in his crib at this point and he's the only other person who's opinion really matters to me.
But - I could be wrong. Anonymous could be right. I could be doing everything wrong, who the hell knows. I'm pretty sure that every first time parent pretty much makes things up as they go along and that's all I'm doing.


3 comments:
Whatever works for you is what's best for you, IMO.
E has been sleeping a bit longer since we moved his bedtime half hour earlier. It might be worth a try :)
Thanks for your comment on my blog.
I remember reading all of your trials and tribulations with breastfeeding at the beginning and thinking, "man, I don't know if could go to those lengths!" Amazing the things we do for our kids.
Don't let my crazy rant scare you away from having another kid. lol Surprisingly, (though it doesn't sound like it) I think I'm having an easier time adjusting to life with two kids than I had adjusting to life with ONE kid! I feel surprisingly more grounded this time around (so you can imagine what a basketcase I was the first time!)
I second Lore. If it works for you and the man and little dude then that's what matters. Not what Anonymous thinks, or what any of us think, really.
Post a Comment