Ah. I feel better now.
Listen, I will admit it. I'm a wimp. I'm easy overwhelmed. I am NOT a Type A. I read this other blog by a new mama who owns a business and is much more of a workaholic than me and I'm just blown away by her drive. That is not me. I have ambitions, but I hate multitasking, I hate being super busy, I hate when things get out of balance. I want to go slowly, calmly, methodically toward my goals, leaving plenty of time to smell the roses. That's not easy to do.
We woke up late this morning. It was Mr. I's birthday and we were all home, in bed together, waking up all groggy and not wanting to get out of bed. That was a nice moment before chaos ensued. We all had to rush to get ready, I was 20 minutes late bringing Miles to daycare, and because I ordered paint in a hurry I ordered a gallon of the wrong color. That was just the beginning.
I didn't finish what I wanted to finish at work and I came home feeling swamped but ready to paint on a happy face. What I saw when I pulled in to the garage, literally since Mr. I was there with Miles putting away the stroller, was blood on my baby's face. Turns out that they were having a fine time and Mr. Ibis looked away for one second and Miles fell into a chair with his mouth. Now, I know these things happen and it's not a big deal. Baby's learning to walk and there will be boo-boos. But still, it's hard not to self-flaggelate a wee bit and feel guilty for not being there, because I had to work late because I didn't plan my week well, etc.
So I get home and Mr. Ibis gets an emergency call into work. I tell him I need to take a quick shower because I'm covered in paint and also spilled gasoline on myself as I rushed to fill my tank on the way home (seriously!). While I'm in the shower I hear a crash and Miles crying. Sigh.
Now Mr. I is gone and I'm drinking a beer and Miles is napping, which is not a great idea at 5:15pm, but he never did get a second nap of the day...
Thank god it's Friday, this whole day has been a mess.


No comments:
Post a Comment