Saturday, October 30, 2010

Nap Hell

I'm feeling a little blue and weepy the past few days. Not sure what that's about. Can dropping one feeding a day mess with your hormones? Or maybe I'm just tired.

I tried for almost an hour this morning to get Miles to nap in the pack & play. He did it at daycare this week with no fuss so I though I'd try my luck. No dice. He'd stand up and cry, I'd whisper "sleepytime honey," kiss him and lay him down. He'd wail harder, lather, rinse, repeat. Every time I laid him down I just sat down right next to the P&P and read my book. After about 45 minutes we got to a point where he lay down peacefully listening to music I had playing softly and watching the mobile overhead. 5 lovely minutes passed. And then he stood up and started whining again. Sigh.

So I gave up. He fell right to sleep in the Ergo.

Damn this is hard.

5 comments:

Rachel W. said...

I totally feel you!! My kid luckily is to the point where he'll nap in his crib but not without me having to put him to sleep. I'm just trying to remind myself that it won't be like this forever and that when he's 13 I'll be WISHING for these days back haha!

Cynthia said...

We're going through nap hell as well. My 9 month old decided he didn't like napping in the afternoon and he's so cranky and tired! It is really frustrating. How do you get your baby to nap in the ergo? i've never tried this, but I have an ergo. Does he nap in front or in the back?

Caz said...

Although there is a substantial gap in age between them, I am struggling to get Oliver to nap in his basket during the day. Tears are always aplenty.
I hope it becomes easier for you soon.

Ibis said...

Cynthia, I put him on my back. When I feel him lay his head against me I know he's tired and I employ some contortionist moves to put the hood over his head. I pace around for a little bit until he falls asleep - works like a charm!

Cynthia said...

Okay lady, I'm going to give the ergo a shot this weekend. I'm getting desperate. I've been wheeling him around my tiny dining room and kitchen in the stroller and occasionally he's fallen asleep for like 20 minutes.

Post a Comment