Monday, October 25, 2010

Boobs Boobs Boobs

A quick note because I don't have much time: I'm teetering on the edge of going part-time formula. Not that there's anything wrong with formula, but after making it 9 months it's bothering me that just two busy and ill-planned-for weeks could end my exclusive breastfeeding run. I ran out of freezer stash around 7 months and that didn't matter for a while because I didn't have much work. Now I'm super busy, got super busy very suddenly, and didn't have time to stock up... nor do I have enough time to pump at work anymore.

All of a sudden I'm in that pickle that a lot of working moms find themselves in, where baby's drinking more during daycare that mom is pumping at work. I'm still doing the frantic pumping an ounce here & there after nursing to stay caught up, but it might not last. Right now, in fact, I don't even know what I'm going to do for tomorrow because I'm home alone with the baby, I have to do the whole dinner/bath/bed thing by myself soon, and I only have 5 oz for tomorrow. Eek.

At this point he's eating so many foods that I'm telling myself formula could just be one more. For one feeding, perhaps. But, okay, truth be told, maybe I did really want that imaginary medal they're giving out for making it one year. Sigh.

No comments:

Post a Comment