Thursday, January 6, 2011

Money matters

I so appreciate the positive comments on my lactation consulting post. That really made me feel good, and it boosts my confidence to know that people think I could do it... even Internet strangers!

I am kinda freaking out right now. We are dangerously close to a financial crisis point if I don't earn some money somehow. Eeks. We have a little savings but not much. I'm now looking online at *anything* that won't pay less than daycare costs. Mr. Ibis is not as worried as me. I mean, it wouldn't be a HUGE crisis, just falling a wee bit short on bills, not a lot. I'm sure I could finagle a deferment here or there or do something like that but I do not want to head down that road.

I'm probably going to put it out there on FB that I'm looking to babysit. Not crazy about doing this because I have some business contacts on my friend list and I don't want to make it so obvious that my business is falling apart. But I have to use the tools I have to get some kind of work.

I'm also planning to put signs up at businesses where the crunchy folk go. WF and coffee shops and the like. See if I get any nibbles. Nothing ever came of that one inquiry.

I put Miles in daycare this morning so I could get a few things done and man that time went fast (he's napping now).

Having a first birthday coming up is a crappy time to be broke. We didn't have an elaborate party planned but we would like to buy him a toy and get a few pizzas so a few family members can come celebrate. Not saying we can't do that, just that I will be stressing about the $.

In the back of my mind also is the question of whether trying for baby #2 is going to be a realistic plan come summer. I certainly hope we are in a better place by then.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I hope you're able to figure something out soon - I can only imagine how stressful that must feel. For posting on fb, you can hide that post from whoever you have on fb that is your business contact. Just an idea - hope that helps!

Post a Comment