Saturday, January 29, 2011

Update

Brief update: today was much, much better. It still took about 40 minutes to get him down for a nap, but this time there was no tantrum. Some mild protests, but he then laid down quietly next to me and slept for AN HOUR.

All is not rosy, though, since at night he's been getting up roughly every hour and crying/screaming. Not sure why, possibly the cold that he and I both have. I am extremely run down right now. This morning I was so tired when I opened his diaper and saw poop, I panicked and literally threw it on the floor... ?! The hazards of changing diapers before ingesting coffee.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I really feel for you, b/c naps are really important for both baby AND mom. I hope you can figure out a good strategy. I know you're not into the crib, butI really do think it could help. My daugther is about the same age and I literally lay her down in her crib with a bottle of warm milk (she doesn't suck on it, just drinks it and puts it aside) and goes to sleep. Maybe if you can transition to the crib at night, the naps will follow...I just cannot imagine going through all this - sometimes cry it out is the only thing that works - had to do that with my first daughter and I just kept telling myself that it was for her benefit b/c sleep is so important - its when babies do their learning and growing, etc. Try Healthy Sleep Habits by Marc Weisbluth, I swear by it. Good luck and I hope this doesn't offend, just trying to be helpful if I can.

Post a Comment