Thursday, February 3, 2011

Deep Breaths

Okay, I'm doing much better now.

I googled toddler tantrums (much more productive than googling autism symptoms btw) and found that Miles's behavior is very normal, even at his tender young age. I'm gonna have to chuck "staylistening," it seems, as most sources (even Sears) say that some tantrums just needed to be ignored. And it does seem to work so far. Frustration tantrums need a listening ear, but emotional overload meltdowns do NOT need a captive audience. Works for me.

My plan with the pillow/crib worked pretty well last night. He woke to nurse once at 11, which is fine. He woke at 2:30 with a very wet diaper, which kinda sucks, but is what it is. I changed him and he eventually fell back to sleep. Then at 5:30 he woke up because he sprung a diaper leak and his pants were soaked. THAT sucked, but it's rare. I did nurse him that time and I had to hold him close to keep him warm because I was NOT about to trudge downstairs and get clean pants for him at that hour. All in all, though, I would call it a success.

Keeping with the theme, I suppose, my dog peed all over my bed while I was at work. Sonofabitch. I came home and brought Miles up to nap in bed and there was an enormous yellow pee mark right in the middle of the bed. Sweet. I stuck M in the pack & play while I dealt with the sheets, and of course now there is a pile of baking soda and vinegar on the mattress, so he couldn't nap in bed. After he'd been screaming in the p&p for a little while (10 minutes?) I went in and laid him down and sang him a song. He went right to sleep! YAYYYY!

Mr. Ibis has been away for three days this time because Snowmageddon kept him on the road an extra night and day. I really cannot wait for him to get home. And I think I totally deserve to have an extra beer with my pizza tonight too.

No comments:

Post a Comment