Thursday, February 10, 2011

Hello again old friend

Well, I am out of the running for an 11-11-11 baby, as my dear old Aunt Flo arrived two nights ago. The blog jinx may have struck again, double whammy style, as I recently posted that Miles was sleeping great and I still hadn't had my period. Then Tuesday night Miles was up for 4 hours (!!!) in the middle of the night and I did something I almost never do, which is haul myself out of bed in the middle of the night to pee, which is when I discovered my visiting aunt.

It's really not that bad. I'd heard horror stories about the first postpartum period, but I didn't have any cramps and only a mild attack of the bitch-pants. It did take some getting reacquainted with my Diva Cup though - the first day I definitely did something wrong with the installation. Ouch.

So I guess we are back in business whenever we do decide to try for another kiddo.

And speaking of that I should probably update my financial situation in case you are wondering why we would consider TTC if we're in dire straits. Embarrassingly (given how much I freaked out), we never were in dire straits. I guess I did not realize how much Mr. Ibis's job was paying compared to his previous job, and also the threat of reduced hours never panned out - in fact he's currently working more than ever. We are currently living on his salary alone, which is kind of a dream come true. Please don't let the blog jinx strike me on that. I am working on starting a new business that will be way more fun than the high stress drudgery of my painting business, and Mr. I's good salary has freed me up to pursue other dreams and stay at home most of the time. Whee!

We still have to change insurance plans if I'm going to get maternity coverage, so we're not TTC just yet, but we're thinking maybe this summer. That will put Miles around 2 1/2 to 3 years old when baby #2 is born, depending on when we conceive.

No comments:

Post a Comment