I had the strangest dream last night. I dreamed that I got a pathology report back on my lost babe, even though in real life I did not get any testing done - did not bring anything in for testing. The report said the baby had been severely deformed due to exposure to toxic levels of insecticide. It mentioned that this commonly happened immediately after a fire or a tornado, when the air contained dangerous levels of poisonous insecticides. In my dream this made some sense, because we had conceived in June (in real life we conceived in November), and I recalled stepping out onto the porch after a tornado had passed through (in real life we had a tornado in June but it was at night).
But in the dream it also made no sense because I knew I hadn't brought any remains in for testing, so where had this report come from? Had they mixed me up with someone else? I called the lab and got some dispassionate representative who would only repeat the report's results and said she didn't know anything beyond what it said. I wailed that it couldn't be, and I didn't understand why she wasn't treating me with a little human understanding. I got off the phone and sobbed my guts out, then woke up.
In real life, my temp went up to 98.1 this morning and I got dotted crosshairs on CD 14 on my chart, the day I believed I was ovulating.
No comments:
Post a Comment