Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Beta two

1744.

Slightly more than double.

Deeeeep breath. I was working myself up into quite a state as I waited for the call, which finally came at almost 4pm. It was the regular nurse this time, thank goodness.

She said that my OB will look at my file tonight and will probably give me a call tomorrow to let me know what comes next. That made me a little uneasy because when I first called to set up my appointment, they acted like everything was normal, even when I said I'd had a loss in January. Ever since Evil Nurse told me my first beta was only "okay," it seems like they are more concerned about me. Even though these numbers look fine to me. But I'm just trying to tell myself that they're being proactive and that's a good thing. As much as I would like to have everyone around me act like they KNOW this pregnancy is going to be fine, that's not possible. So I guess the extra attention can't hurt and can only help.

I'm just trying hard to uncoil from the stress now and get back to the feeling that I am happy to be pregnant right now... that needs to be my focus. Whatever will be will be, and I don't want to waste this pregnancy on worry and anxiety.

1 comment:

Caz said...

That sounds like a good beta to me. I'm glad you got the good regular nurse with these results.

Post a Comment