Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Suspense

I'm going in for my second beta draw in a few hours. I am so very nervous about it, even though I have no particular reason to be. My first number was fine, my symptoms are still going, the odds are in my favor. But I'm so nervous.

Last night I told Mr. Ibis that I was nervous about this, and he put his face up to my belly and said "This is your daddy. You need to grow big and strong..." and of course that made me cry. Not that it takes much these days. I'm wondering if I can and should take off work early today, because when I get my bloodwork results I know I'm going to cry, whether it's good news or bad. And my concentration will probably be shot all to hell either way.

I think on Monday they called me around 2:30 or 3pm, so I'm guessing it will be roughly the same today. Wednesday is pizza & Lost night for us, so I hope it will be celebratory pizza and not blind panic pizza.

Please meditate on the number 1616 for me today. I want it to be at least that high or higher.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck today! I'll be praying for you!

Caz said...

Good luck with the bloods. Your DR/Hosp sounds very efficient by the sounds of things.

habitualstar said...

good god that is sweet! I'm so happy for the two of you right now. = )

and I'm glad your beta numbers came back well. you're going to meet this little one in 8 months!

Post a Comment