Wednesday, June 3, 2009

First appointment today

My first OB appointment is today at 10am and I can't think of much else right now. Mr. Ibis is coming with me even though I think it's just going to be a blood draw and pelvic exam. I just don't want to be surprised like I was with my first pregnancy, when I got to hear the heartbeat on a Doppler at 8 weeks and was sad that Mr. I never heard it. I think I'm far too early for that this time - 7 weeks 4 days today - but maybe they'll surprise me with an ultrasound, who knows. I just want to make sure Mr. I is there, and he doesn't mind coming.

It's going to be a bit of a crazy day for me... I drove Mr. I to work at 6am, have to pick him up at 9:30 for the appointment, then drop him off to work again afterwards, then go to work myself. Then later pick him up again, and hit up Whole Foods for dinner (pizza). I hate driving around all day. Mr. Ibis does it for a living and I don't know how he can stand it.

Incidentally... I think my colleague knows that I am pregnant but is politely going along with the charade that I'm not. She's been overly solicitous of me at work, encouraging me to take breaks, and when I spoke to her last night she said "hope your doctor's appointment goes well tomorrow." The only logical reason why anyone would care about something like that is if it was an OB appointment, I think. If she is just playing along, I appreciate it... I just need to make it about 5 more weeks until I can announce.


2 comments:

Lore B said...

Good luck today!! I'll be lurking around to catch your update.

Caz said...

Wishing you and Mr.I the best of luck today. Enjoy the Pizza!

Post a Comment